I pressed play and I heard these words:
You are your rescue, no one else is going to rescue you. Stop seeking permission by asking- “Can I be great?”, “Can I be brilliant?”, “Can I change?”- STOP ASKING FOR PERMISSION! Make a decision to turn your life around- this is a choice nobody can make for you. It has got to be YOUR CHOICE!
Ah! That word right there was for me! And I decided today to stop asking for permission and go on ahead and be great. So I’m going to start with these 3 steps:
1. BELIEVE. I’ve got to have unwavering faith, believe in myself, believe that I CAN DO IT and switch off the evil negative voices in my head.
2. PLAN. Make sure it is actionable steps. Set milestones. I’m going to start with baby steps. I’ve always made the mistake of setting big goals (ain’t nothing wrong with setting big goals) but I realised that I tend to fail quickly when I set big goals. So I am going to set little goals and increase them as I go on this journey.
Some of my goals:
- I need to lose 15 kg before my birthday May 30th. I got about 10 weeks before that, so each week I am going to work towards loosing 1.5 kg and probably increase my milestone as my body gets use to exercising! Wow! Let me go look for my running shoes!
- I want to revive my relationship with God and spend some more time with Him. So instead of setting a goal to read the whole bible in one year, I have decided to set weekly goals- Choose a chapter a week and as I get consistent, increase the chapters I read and the time I spend meditating.
3. ACCOUNTABILITY. When you are accountable to someone, you tend to see your goal through. I also need to tackle that fear of failure and indecisiveness and hold myself accountable too. So please, please my dear friends:
“Don’t hold me accountable to the woman that I am. Hold me accountable to the woman that I am becoming”.
Transformation is a mental state. It’s a conscious decision. I don’t need your permission to change neither should you ask me for my permission. I’ve got to really really quit looking for validation from other people! Seriously!
Wanting to transform and change some aspects of my life is sure not an easy decision to make but it’s one decision I got to make. I need to make some drastic changes concerning my health and I am really struggling balancing my business, my health and my family life. I also need to grow my business to a point where finances can be steady. Yeah I need to change all this, I’ve known for a long time but today I had to access my life and find out what seemed to be holding me back and in the past when I tried to change why didn’t it work?
- Where there patterns in my life that I seemed to be repeating over and over again?
- How do I want to define my life?
- What do I see as the meaning or purpose of my existence?
- Why is balance in my life, health and family so important to me?
- How do I want to be remembered?
And then I had to ask myself ‘WHY’ I want to make these changes? Why is it so important? Here’s some of my why’s:
- I want to give my son the best life, more than what I had. Be able to provide him with teachable moments that will make him grow into a strong and successful man.
- Without good health, it would be difficult to be there as a mother and wife. I want to live long and enjoy life to the fullest.
- Money don’t buy you love or happiness but can sure make life more comfortable! I need to make more money, so I need to take actionable steps to grow my company.
- I am tired of struggling, I know I can rewrite my story.
- Growing my business will encourage women who are about to give up and inspire them to persevere. They’ll hear my story and be so inspired to forge ahead -and yes my story is sure interesting!
Knowing my ‘WHY’ encourages me to take the first step to rewriting my story and be willing to make lots of sacrifices along the way. This is scary but it’s so going to be worth it! I am ready to change my story and change my life.
When you’ve reached rock bottom, broke and broken, GET UP & PRESS RESET!- Lisa Nichols
Thank you Lisa Nichols