I met Silverstein at Suzie81 Speaks blog party and I have enjoyed visiting her blogsphere and reading her blog posts ever since. I love the fluidity with which she writes- I want to be like you when I grow up Silverstein Potter! Thank you for nominating me for the Liebster award. Can you go over to her BLOG and say thank you for me too? Trust me you’d receive a warm welcome!
And here’s my answer to her questions:
Why did you start a blog?
Before I discovered blogging and the pressure of writing and crafting words to suit an audience, I used to really enjoy buying journals and writing, good old fashion writing with a pen. I have a stark of journals filled with stickers, writings, pictures and words! When I was happy, depressed, sad, ecstatic, loving, not loving, heartbroken, in love ermm especially heartbroken-I wrote! And boy did I write- not for an audience but just for me, I poured my heart out! Over the years I seem to have lost that thing…the writing thing, just for writing sake. So this blog is an avenue to express myself, tell a story, encourage someone- really find my writing ‘voice’ again- no strategy! no formula!
What is your favorite book?
This one is a hard one! I don’t have a favourite book. I’ll say all of John Grisham’s books- even the ones not yet published 🙂
Where is your favorite place to read?
In my little study/office! It’s a cute place surrounded by my books!
Who do you admire most and why?
My husband! Let me tell you something- I AM STUBBORN! But this man is ever so patient and like my people will say- He loves me die! I admire his patience and his ability to love me selflessly even when i am so stubborn. When I’m hot-headed he still makes me coffee in the morning and breakfast in bed and still cooks dinner and makes sure he has seconds for me! My husband is the best cook ever! He loves me… I don’t even love as half as how he loves me. I want to be like him when I grow up!
What is one thing that is unique about you?
I know how to create structure in other people’s work/life but for the life of me I can’t seem to do the same for myself!
And….. drumroll I am nominating:
Shade but No Shade (She beat me to it and nominated me for an award! Thanks Karen)
And these are my questions.
- What is your biggest problem/challenge when it comes to blogging?
- Where do you get the ideas for your blog posts?
- What has surprised you about your blog?
- If you could move to any part of the world right now, where would you go and why?
- If money was not a factor, what would be your dream job?
- Who inspires you?
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award-
- Link the person who nominated you (that’s me) to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Create questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
*Those that I nominated please no pressure in taking part, if you want to, great! It’s a fantastic way to meet other bloggers.
I wrote this post since I got this award! Better late than never to publish! Thank you Silverstein